After some brief toilet aerobics.
And some forceful wiggling.
She was set free, if not a little worse for the wear.
I have to say, I was hesitant to be anywhere near the dining room when Estwing was working his magic with this one, but it was really a mess-free and stink-free demo. Before we disconnected the bowl we wiggled it to get as much of the water possible down through the S-pipe and into the sewage drain. We also poured a few liters of water down to make sure that any water we were dealing with was clean.
Of course, if you are living in a house that actually has running water you could just flush the toilet a few times, but don’t forget to turn off the water before you go disconnecting things.
And, I don’t know if I would recommend our method of pry-bar jimmy-ing. We didn’t want to go through the hassle of hack-sawing a particularly feisty screw, and thought it might just pull out of the wood with a little encouragement. But, it turns out that toilets crack easily. Even though we didn’t want to reuse this toilet, somebody might have, and it would have been nice not to wreck it.
So, overall, getting the throne out of our dining room was pretty easy and disaster-free. Which finally sets us up for the next step. Cutting a giant hole in our house to install some beautiful french doors.
We worship you porcelain goddess.