We have had new additions to our milking goats…
…and so I decided to build another new milking stand. But I wanted to see what could be done with a pallet.
First I cut out a section that will allow for a comfortable seat for the milker.
With a bit of niggle I got sturdy legs in place, diagonal bracing, and a feed box made from an old drawer.
To make a pivot for the stanchion I used – what else! – Number 8 Wire.
The Kiwi fix-all! (The extra wire also binds the pallet to the bearer.)
The last thing I added was a platform (old cabinet door) so the goats hooves won’t slip through the cracks (although they are amazingly sure-footed) and for easy cleaning. Two pins hold the door in place that can be lifted out so that it can be removed and washed.
Just add goats.